- 1 Immediate Constipation Relief
- 2 Constipation
- 3 Reasons For Constipation
- 4 8 Best Home Remedies For Immediate Constipation Relief
- 5 Psyllium husk
- 6 Cabbage Juice
- 7 Turmeric, Milk & Clarified Butter
- 8 Baking Soda
- 9 Milk with Castor Oil
- 10 Honey with lemon juice
- 11 Flax seeds
- 12 Coconut Water
- 13 Milk Of Magnesia
- 14 Yoga For Immediate Constipation Relief
Immediate Constipation Relief
Roughly 12-13 percent of North Americans suffer from constipation and the estimated cost of treating it is about $235 million a year. I believe you’ve also contributed to it. Fast acting laxatives are to provide regularity instantly but not permanently. If it’s been more than 3 days and you still can’t get regularity, you can go for it. We have crafted 8 Best Home Remedies For Immediate Constipation Relief and permanent solutions for you.
People who don’t have enough fiber in their diet or drink less water throughout the day are more likely to have problems with regularity.
But according to U.S. National Health Nutrition Examination Survey for 2009 to 2012, adult men take in 117 ounces of water daily, on average — more than 14 cups. For women, the number is 93 ounces, or almost 12 cups daily. (Source: cbsnews.com)
Constipation is a condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels. It is usually associated with hardened stools. It has become one of the biggest daily problems for many people all around the world and is more prevalent in the USA as compared to any other country.
Reasons For Constipation
- Stress is a very common cause of constipation. It can affect individual in many ways and constipation is one among them.
- Sleeping Disorder, Many studies have suggested that difficulty falling asleep can cause irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
- Caffeinated beverages are stimulants, so it can cause you to have a bowel movement but it also causes dehydration and can have opposite effects.
- Alcohol Intake (Diuretic) inhibits digestion, causes dehydration which creates problems in regularity.
- Those who take fewer fibers are more prone to constipation because fiber foods act as natural laxatives.
- Not drinking herbal tea, juices, and clear broths.
- Eating processed food like donuts, heavily breaded food items, onion rings etc can bind you up and can be a cause of constipation.
- Less physical activity.
- Junk food.
- Pure Dairy Products.
If you identify with any of these, keep reading for instant constipation relief and long-term solutions.
8 Best Home Remedies For Immediate Constipation Relief
Psyllium husk treatment is not widely known but is one of the best natural product you can use to treat constipation. Eating Psyllium husk in breakfast and dinner would be the most effective long-term treatment plan to treat constipation.
Cabbage juice is the best remedy to get rid of constipation. Half a cup of cabbage juice if taken every morning just for a week can get you rid of constipation for a long time.
Turmeric, Milk & Clarified Butter
Pure dairy products can lead to constipation, but if taken as a medicine can benefit. Mix one tea spoon turmeric and one teaspoon clarified butter in a cup of warm milk and drink it just before the bed. This mixture is very popular for instant relief constipation relief in the Indian Sub Continent.
Baking soda is also very effective in getting regularity. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda in 1/4 cup of warm water and drink it early morning.
Milk with Castor Oil
Health benefits of castor oil are very well known. 1-2 teaspoon of castor oil mixed with warm milk would be one of the best treatments for constipation.
Honey with lemon juice
This is the most commonly used and an effective remedy for constipation. 1 teaspoon honey if taken with a cup of warm water just before the bedtime helps you clear your stomach in the mornings.
Flax seeds with warm milk every night helps improve your digestion. It will not give you an instant relief from constipation but it is a very effective remedy to keep constipation away.
Coconut water is very beneficial for those experiencing constipation for long. Take it empty stomach every morning. It will keep your stomach cool and provide you regularity.
These home remedies are suggested by our team of doctors and are safe for people of any age. However, if you can’t get regularity even after using these remedies, tell us in the comment box below and our doctors will personally attain you.
Milk Of Magnesia
Milk of magnesia is an awesome fast acting laxative which works for you to get instant regularity with the bowels. We do not advise you to consider it as a permanent treatment option but if it’s too hard to wait for 5-6 hours now, you can go for it.
Here’s a quick review of Phillip’s Milk of Magnesia.
Yoga For Immediate Constipation Relief
Yoga can effectively help in treating digestive problems like constipation, acidity etc. As I’ve mentioned above, stress is also a big reason of digestive problems and constipation. You can help you relieve stress.
It works in two ways;
- Meditation and deep breathing exercise can help you relieve stress which directly links with the possibility of treating digestive problems.
- Twisting yoga poses, inversions, and forward folds benefits digestive system and can help getting relief from constipation.
These poses massage your digestive organs, increase blood flow and oxygen, which promotes better regularity and better bowel movement.
These exercises are considered as the best for digestive system:
This Yoga pose is one of the best poses to treat digestive issues and is Weiss’ favorite.
- Lying on your back, bring your legs to your chest, and then extend the left leg out.
- Draw your bent right leg to the left across the body, while keeping your shoulders flat on the floor.
- Look towards the right.
- Hold, and then switch sides.
This seated twists help in detoxification and stimulates digestive organs.
- Begin in a seated position.
- Bend your left leg and place your left foot on the ground over your right knee.
- Bend your right knee and tuck your right foot near your butt.
- Place your right elbow near your left knee and twist your body, looking over your left shoulder.
- Hold, and then switch sides.
“This yoga pose provides a more substantial twist than the Spine-Twisting and the Matsyasana Twist”, says Weiss.
- To twist, put your hands in prayer position and twist towards your bent leg, pressing your arm on the outside of the bent leg.
- Come out of the pose, switch sides, and repeat.