- 1 Herpes Cure And Treatment
- 2 What Is Herpes?
- 3 Oral Herpes
- 4 Symptoms of Oral Herpes
- 5 Three Stages Of Oral Herpes
- 6 When To Call The Doctor
- 7 Exams and Tests
- 8 Medical Treatment
- 9 Tested Remedies For Oral Herpes Cure And Symptoms Treatment
- 10 Outlook
- 11 Genital Herpes
- 12 Symptoms Of Genital Herpes
- 13 Other Symptoms Of Genital Herpes
- 14 How Is Genital Herpes Diagnosed?
- 15 Alternative For Genital Herpes Cure
- 16 A Possibility For Oral Herpes Cure And Genital Herpes Cure
- 17 To Conclude
Herpes Cure And Treatment
More than 50 percent of the people in the United States have type1 herpes and about 15.5 percent of people in the country carry type2 herpes. Where type1 herpes is associated with oral herpes and type2 with genital herpes. More than a million people look for herpes cure every month and find nothing but this phrase “It is incurable”. We’re gonna talk about a possibility that researchers have found out for the herpes cure.
This is an in-depth article on herpes and herpes cure. You can jump right to your concerned topic by clicking on the above headings mentioned in the table of contents (Just trying to save you from scrolling).
I hope you find this article useful!
What Is Herpes?
Herpes is a sexually transmitted infection caused by Herpes Simplex Virus that causes a recurring rash of red blisters around the genitals and in the mouth. It is a common STD that any sexually active person can get. Many people with the virus don’t experience its symptoms throughout their life.
The virus affects external genitalia, anal region, mucosal surfaces and skin in other parts of the body.
Oral Herpes is an infection caused by herpes simplex virus generally because of having oral sex with a partner already carrying the virus. Oral Herpes only affects humans. Mouth sore can affect children aged 1-2 but can affect people of any age at any time of the year.
Symptoms of Oral Herpes
- Painful sores on your lips.
- Swollen gums and might bleed.
- Frequent ulcers on your tongue.
- Cuts on the roof of your mouth.
- Cuts and sores inside your cheeks.
- People with oral herpes may also experience muscle aches.
For oral herpes, the duration of time between contact with the virus and symptoms, the incubation period is 3-12 days. However, most people average about 3 days.
Duration of illness: Signs and symptoms will last 2-3 weeks. Fever, tiredness, muscle aches and irritability may occur.
- Pain and burning occur at the infected site before the sore appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt. These blisters break down quickly, and when seen appear as tiny, shallow, grey ulcers on the red base. A few days later, they become crusted or scrambled.
- Oral sores cause unbearable pain, making it difficult to eat and drink. These sores may occur on the lips, gums, tongue and inner part of your cheeks.
These may also extend to chin and throat.
Three Stages Of Oral Herpes
Once the herpes virus infects you, it has a tendency to develop into these three stages:
Stage 1- Primary Infection
The virus enters your skin or mucous membranes and reproduces. During this stage, oral sore and fever may develop.
- The virus may not cause any sores or symptoms, you may not even know that you carry it. This is called Asymptomatic infection.
- Asymptomatic infection occurs twice as often as the disease with symptoms.
Stage 2- Latency
It is a stage in which the virus moves to a mass of nervous tissue in your spine called dorsal root ganglion. Virus still remains inactive and reproduces again.
Stage 3- Recurrence
At this stage, the virus reactivates and causes new sores and symptoms when you encounter certain stresses, physical or mental.
When To Call The Doctor
- Mouth sores cause difficulty in drinking and eating most of the times. I’d advise you to seek medical attention to prevent dehydration.
- If you find difficulty while urinating.
- Dry mouth
- If your child is younger than 8 weeks, notify your doctor if you see sores in their mouth. It is most common among infants.
- If you have a weak immune system or are dealing with an autoimmune disease, immediately seek a medical advice. The immune system helps you fight the virus but a weak immune system isn’t capable of doing so.
Exams and Tests
The characteristic appearance of your sores leaves a little doubt but if your doctor still want to conduct some diagnostic tests, he may perform these-
- A sample from the sore to identify the virus.
- A culture analysis.
- A staining test called the Tzanck smear.
- Antigen and antibody studies.
- Blood sampling for antibody studies.
Treatment includes medication for fever and taking plenty of fluids.
- Oral or IV medication does exist for type1 herpes but isn’t recommended by many doctors for the people with a fine immune system. It is usually prescribed for infants, 6-8 months or younger children and people with a weakened immune system.
- A topical anaesthetic such as Dilocaine, Nervocaine, Xylocaine or Zilatin-L may be prescribed to relieve pain.
- People whose infection has spread to the organ systems must be admitted to the hospital.
You should avoid touching saliva, skin or mucous membranes that have sores.
Tested Remedies For Oral Herpes Cure And Symptoms Treatment
Liquorice root contains antibacterial and antioxidant qualities. Apply a paste of liquorice root and water on the affected parts and leave until it dries.
Lemon balm is used in many parts of Asia since many centuries to treat the symptoms of Oral herpes. This is basically used to prevent the virus from further spreading.
Aloe vera Gel
Aloe vera Gel is known for its healing properties. It is very effective in treating sores, ulcers and other symptoms of oral herpes. It is widely used in South Africa to prevent the virus from spreading and preventing the condition from getting worse.
Peppermint oil contains antiviral properties which are very effective in treating herpes wounds. It is widely used in curing the pain and to slow down the spreading of the virus.
Studies show that the manuka honey works faster than any other remedy in treating oral herpes symptoms. It is very important in treating mouth ulcers and throat sores.
The sores and other symptoms of oral herpes completely clear up in 2-4 days but may reappear under stressful situations.
Genital herpes is a common sexually transmitted infection that causes a recurring rash of red blisters in the genitals. It commonly infects anal region, vagina, mucosal surfaces and skin of other parts.
Genital herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus, which is incurable. It is not a condition which will go away after a treatment, but it is possible to control the symptoms and live a normal life.
You should tell your partner before having intercourse about your situation, so they could contraceptives before doing it.
You can expect repeated bouts of symptoms, followed by long periods in which you won’t experience any symptom. Over the time, symptoms become less painful and problematic.
Symptoms Of Genital Herpes
The main symptom of genital herpes is painful blistering around the genitals. Blistering may occur in:
In women, blisters can also occur in the cervix.
Genital herpes blisters are very painful and leave open sores when bursts, which are most infectious and spreads further on the skin. After that, they will scrub over and heal without leaving any scars.
Other Symptoms Of Genital Herpes
Primarily, a herpes infection can come with flu-like symptoms such as fever, aches and irritability. Recurrent infection also comes with pain, aches, itching, burning or tingling sensation.
Women with herpes also find difficulty while urinating because of blisters in the cervix. Pain during urination is also a common symptom among men and women with herpes.
There are other STIs with similar symptoms and should not be confused with genital herpes. STIs like Genital Warts and Syphilis. Genital warts are painful fleshy growth around the genitals, they can bleed in some cases.
Syphilis is painless sore around the genitals. People generally have one or two sore but some have several.
How Is Genital Herpes Diagnosed?
If you get infected with genital herpes, possibilities are you won’t see any symptoms in the starting. Many people are not affected for many years after the exposure.
The first time you experience the outbreak of blisters, you should see a sexual health specialist. The test of herpes involves an examination of infected area and swabs of blisters that will be screened for the herpes virus.
You may also be tested for HIV or other sexually transmitted infections for a better herpes cure.
The stigma people with herpes and other STDs face is not obvious but real. Getting away from this stigma is one thing every herpes single want, you can find the best herpes dating site here and not worry about being judged.
Alternative For Genital Herpes Cure
Scientists are hard at work in finding alternative treatment options for genital herpes. They have studied alternatives like herbal extracts and nutritional supplements based on the reviews of patients carrying herpes. Some results have been promising and some discouraging.
It is believed that the extract of echinacea plant helps in boosting the immune system which helps to fight genital herpes. Some researchers say it helps in decreasing the severity and complexity of the infections and helps to prevent it from further spreading.
However, researchers from U.K found this relieving effect from Echinacea extracts similar to a placebo. They gave echinacea to 50 people carrying this virus for 6 months and a placebo for another 6 months. There was no significant difference between the number of outbreaks of herpes during the two periods.
Another study showed that an ointment containing propolis, a waxy substance that honey bees make is found very effective in treating the blisters and sores. Sores healed than ever for people who used it than those who were using a placebo.
A Possibility For Oral Herpes Cure And Genital Herpes Cure
Researchers have found that the herb Prunella Vulgaris, and an edible mushroom, Rotzites Caperata contain chemicals that help to fight both Type 1 and Type2 herpes.
However, the treatment has not been approved for the treatment of genital herpes by the FDA. These are easily available in the stores but are not labelled as a treatment option for herpes but as a health supplement.
Oral herpes and Genital herpes, both infections are sexually transmitted. It is impossible to get infected because of using public toilet seat (Just clearing this myth for you). You CAN have sex even you’re dealing with any of herpes, you just want to talk openly with your partner and use advised contraceptives and protection, or else the situation will become worse.
As far as herpes cure is concerned, researchers are hard at work to find definitive solutions to it but you can try Prunella Vulgaris and Rotzites Caperata. These are considered best till now for the cure.
Your doctor is always the best person to suggest you about medications, see him regularly and get yourself checked.